Sunday, May 06, 2007

Happiness, tinged


Well, I'd taken this picture the day of the closing - Happiness Meter pegged - and thought I'd get it posted along with a really glowing treatise on the glory of moving on but now...well, the Money Pit scenario comes to mind.
We had such an abortive day yesterday. The goals were laudable - exchange the book we got as a gift, go to Ikea and snatch up our list of furniture and then get a new fridge from Lowes. Suffice to say, it was not quite as easy as that. The lady at Lowes was an idiot and I had to remind her to give me the hose for the water connection. Later, we saw she gave us one for a dishwasher.
We forgot to go to Target entirely. And the Ikea didn't have my desk in stock. "Tomorrow," they said. Yeah...so...while I have the fridge of my dreams, it has an old hose hooked to it. And - um - we didn't measure the opening so the freezer door won't quite open all the way but I DON'T CARE! I don't! We shall move and I will have it housed properly.
And - well, I lost my glasses. Yeah.
Banner day of home ownership.
Kill me now.

No comments: