Wednesday, July 04, 2007

In Remembrance

It was only a few years ago that Mom passed away during the night - somewhere betwixt the 3rd and 4th of July - with her man beside her. We'd spoken a few days prior about her condition and he said she wasn't doing well. Trooper and I had talked of making another trip down the next weekend. Instead, the phone rang that morning and the tearful news arrived.


Trooper was such a support to me. I made the few other calls to the family, asking each to call another, and then lay in the bed with him, weeping for my loss.


It was especially my loss because I was, in truth, the favorite and one of the few that made regular visits and calls. She was not an easy woman to love. Still, it was my duty and it was the right thing to do so I did it. And then, when it was forever lost to me, I could not imagine it all gone.


I still see a pretty nightgown and nice kitchen item and think that I should call her and tell her about it. I cannot explain it but for a fleeting moment things are as they once were and then the grief comes again. More dim, shorter lived, but there.


So for you, Mom, your favorite flowers. How I wish you could call me with thanks for a bouquet of them...



I miss you so....

1 comment:

Richmond said...

Tears in my eyes, Dear. {{Hugs}} to you...