Thursday, April 17, 2008

Contemptible

I hadn't heard...I just went to Military Motivator as I do everyday and saw the link...

A superb bit of writing. I have so little more to say. It is said best and laid out perfectly here. Bless her.

She is writing about this piece of indecent, disgusting, self-congratulatory bullshit.

And she's right. Decency is fading away. Of course, here in the hinterlands a man still doffs his hat and holds a door. Yes, indeed. But I can only imagine the ways of the cities...one cannot help but wish they'd fall a bit so that they could see how close they are to being meaningless.

She offers a quote right off that I'd not heard before but which could be placed on my grave and it'd be all I'd want said of me.
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You
cannot do more; you should never wish to do less." -Robert E. Lee

That I always tried to do my duty...my blessings on all who serve so that I need not.

No comments: