Wednesday, April 30, 2008

RiSEr

We've all seen the Big Dog and been very excited and disturbed by it. Well, check out their RiSE bot.
http://www.bostondynamics.com/content/sec.php?section=RiSE

Can you imagine? Thousands of them clambering over the earth? You could easily mechanize the building process...

And if they gave the widget little geckel feet? Mmm hmmm....

Folks, the people making these things make me so proud and so scared. I wish I could work for them - I seriously do. Because they're only revealing one layer of their onion - I promise you that.

Of course, you have to see the hilarious mockery made of Big Dog - I spewed my coffee.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty off-topic but I hope you're feeling better.
- zonker

LauraB said...

Thankee! I am mostly recovered...took Christina's cue and got lotion-y puffs. Made all the difference.

Of course, I am hacking up lung cookies but...I call that progress!!

Hope all is well w/ you!!

Joan of Argghh! said...

You know, I actually had a very similar toy when I was growing up. It walked up the sliding glass doors using little suction cups!