Monday, May 12, 2008

Moving Sounds

I can hardly remember when I first saw the special on PBS regarding the gentlemen (and lady!) who produce this music. It has been a decade since and so little has changed for the average Cuban resident. But the voice of Ibrahim Ferrer changed my opinion of the music...in his rheumy eyes was the glint of his former self, his pleasure at returning once more to the grand stage.

If you've not seen the film or experienced the music, it's well worth the time and effort. So many of them are gone, now. Or you can go here to see a snippet...lovely...

2 comments:

Joan of Argghh! said...

When I had an art gallery/studio, I played BVSC exclusively for Art Walk nights. I love it.

What a shame that Gloria Estefan uses POS's like Santana on her Cuban tribute albums.

LauraB said...

Damned right - no matter how gifted that Carlos Santana is, his support of a disgusting POS renders him silent in our house. Same for anyone happy to associate with him.

Sad...