Monday, June 02, 2008

A Good Egg

If you happen to have a Whole Foods nearby, do take a look for the eggs from these folks.
http://www.coyotecreekfarm.org/

I snagged a dozen out of curiosity - after all, he is claiming they're the best. I later noticed that the farm is a whole 1/2 mile away from our house. I had no idea! But then there are a TON of small farm roads that you wouldn't know about if you didn't live on them. He has sent an invitation to see his operation after I sent a note of appreciation.

I cannot even tell you how superior these damned eggs were to even the usual organic eggs I buy. A generous size, a yolk that was a glorious shade of gold without that fake orange shade from the marigolds that others use...and the creamy nature of that yolk? I cannot even say. It was divine. Literally an entirely different level of flavor.

The egg is a humble and necessary food product, yes. But if all you've ever known of them is mass produced uniform white bleh eggs, you owe it to yourself to look for these. They truly are the world's best egg. I promise. Well, unless you're snatching them out from under a chicken's butt yourself. I cannot wait to cook with them!! (Yes, not a single one made its way from the breakfast meal, I'm afraid...)

Only available at Whole Foods and I've no idea if that means only the local ones or all of them but...look! Buy! Enjoy!

No comments: