Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A Couple Good Things

Oh, I do hate MySpace and all its foolishness but it's the only way I know just now to lead you here. "In My Arms Instead" should be the first song loaded. Just listen - and know that it is missing its gorgeous tail-end motif. So if it's on iTunes or Napster, do consider a download.

How I love Texas music...

And in case I hadn't mentioned, we saw some of George Strait's band play locally in an old fashioned Texas dancehall.

I danced for the first time ever.

I was skeered.

I tried to lead. A lot.

Trooper added a spin right in front of the stage.

I blushed and never recovered my step.

So, we can check that one off the list. Phew. I swear - I wish I could dance half as well as he does.

At any rate, check out the above. And send a kind thought out to Jason Boland, too, who has a fair share of troubles just now. As well as his own AMAZING release, "Comal County Blue". Oh, yes, crank that one up. And buy it if you can - he and his band will need the bucks as he recovers from surgery. How sad to have a superb release and not be able to tour with it.

Last but not least, there is a terrific show in Steamboat - I doubt we'll go because it appears to be a very youthful, drunken adventure and we are generally neither. A terrific lineup of bands, though. If I were about 15 years younger I'd be far more likely to tolerate the silliness. The price is AMAZING for the room AND all the shows. You'd pay 5 times that to see those folks throughout a year's concerts. It sells out fast so if you are interested, you need to jump in.

No comments: