Thursday, September 25, 2008

Hold the presses

So, ok. I saw this at the Shewolf and wished I was in school so I could throw my hand in the air and ask some grownup HOW the made that neat but sorta blah black snakey snake thing into this.


Then I read the wiki thingy which said, "Mercury(II) thiocyanate (Hg(SCN)2) is a chemical compound. It was formerly used in pyrotechnics for the long snake-like ash Pharaoh's serpent that forms when a pellet of this compound, often with a small amount of a sugar such as glucose added to serve as supplemental fuel, is ignited. This is extremely dangerous because it produces poisonous mercury vapors."

Fine. Great. So I guess 1) I can't get one? and 2) the ones I used to burn by the dozens and inhaled gently the smoke because I kinda liked it - am I gonna die or somethin'? Well, maybe not since the dumb ol' wiki told me it wasn't the same.

Anyway, it has been an inspiring video. Just two more hours before Trooper gets home and I can be entertained. OMG - Mythbusters needs to make a GIANT one...

Ummm...

MEDIC!!

`k. Bye.

2 comments:

Joan of Argghh! said...

I think that the fireworks manufacturers still makes squiggly snake things like that. Look into it. You'll be ambulatory long before I will be.

:o)

LauraB said...

Well, I've seen the old timey black ones but I've never seen the magic pooper kind!

As for ambulating...it'll be better than you think. (I hope!) And you will have a step `n fetcher, right?