Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Idle Thoughts

I've always been one to try and get to the bottom of any sort of...conspiracy theory. I love knowledge. I love secrets. But sometimes they can bring about information that you just didn't really want to know.

I think I'd mentioned awhile back something akin to this. Ed Rasimus notes it here. (Fort Bergen-Belsen? No, no. Still too familiar to some living. Perhaps Andersonville is remote enough, now, in memory to be reissued?)

Not that long ago a snippet of news stirred my brain in connection to it. These words have more...life to them, now.
"The nation's five largest railroads have put more than 30% of their boxcars -- 206,000 in all -- into storage, according to the Association of American Railroads. Placed end-to-end, the cars would stretch from New York to Salt Lake City."

No comments: