Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Job

I consider rather often these days the steady decline before me and figure I'd better have something with which to match it. So...it's come to this. Oh, it works. Yes, it does. But it sure does disturb that lovely ennui my body has been enjoying.

And then there is the acquisition of ammunition -sweet, tasty boxes...heavy, though. Ah, and should one be interested, these little things ROCK - and now adorn the stock of my Mossberg. Clearance, my friends...and it holds the wee Kahr 9mm quite nicely! We bought a few of those little pouches, confident they'll be useful for nearly anything. The shell holder on the front is Velcro - pulls off and you can add whatever else you like.

Time, I think, to start training, though. Too long between range visits - and the outdoor range we adore is bloody damned hot in the summer. Might be time for some Airsoft training guns. Stay inside and try to not put out an eye.

The rest? Hell, just trying to keep up...tracking the monster as it ravages everything in reach. Baffling, really, because I always assumed that people who suffered under such treatment did so because they didn't fight. Now? I see that it's the boiling frog thing...the water's just tepid and cozy right now. But my ass is getting warm.

6 comments:

Ed Rasimus said...

I'm pretty well convinced that with the coming hyper-inflation and societal melt-down that tactical weapons and ammo will be the currency of the future. Invest heavily.

Right now, I'm on the look-out here in TX for a nice former adobe mission compound with bell tower, heavy compound walls and a long barracks. A large cannon would be a plus...

Brigid said...

I've quit investing in stocks (yes, look how well THAT worked out for me) and am buying ammo and stores. Just enough for ready cash when needed.

Carteach0 said...

A trip to the gun show today... stacks of AR's and WASR's, but ammo is still very, very pricey. Seemed to be a fair amount, but it's settled into prices that scare most people off. I could have bought ten cases of XM 5.56, but at nasty high cost.

It's time to be setting aside a fair amount of 'Do not shoot for fun' ammunition. The way things are going....

LauraB said...

We've good friends, I have to say, that make the ammo situation a bit easier. That and being willing to drive across 50 miles of Texas to get the stuff.

Us? Ammo, supplies and, eventually, silver. Hard to make change for that gold ingot, eh? LOL

Just FYI for friends...those wacky SLC folks? They'll help you order and can (as in tin can) any amount of dry goods you wish. Bless them, we've enough for a few months of bland eating.

Don't forget the dog food, though. That's our next canning session...

Ed Rasimus said...

I've been having good luck with Ammunition To Go--they've had some good pricing and variety in all the usual calibers, although .380 ACP is still non-existant. (www.ammunitiontogo.com)

Usually free shipping as well. Stay away from Wolf and Brown Bear and you do OK there.

Gotta be a good outfit, they're in Brenham TX, the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream!

Gary Neal said...

Hahaha. I seriously enjoyed Ed Rasimus' comment. Definitely need to find some ammo for sale so I can stock up for the future.