Monday, June 01, 2009

Lurching Toward Mediocrity

It has been quite the day...I shall not rewind it here - mostly because it is a Developing Story and there is no reason to tap out words that may be pointless in short order.

INSTEAD, allow me to direct you to this opportunity - fake though it may likely be - to poke at the bear.

"Sunday at 12:00 PM, and Monday at 12:00 AM In
Depth: Bill Ayers
Send
questions for the author to Book TV
; ...His latest book, co-authored with with his wife Bernardine Dohrn, is "Race Course: Against White Supremacy." Prof. Dohrn will join the discussion during the last hour of the program."


Do I think any really challenging remarks will be addressed? Not much, no. Oh, they'll throw in some soft balls, certainly. They know how to play the game, after all. "We've answered that already..."

I am seriously saddened by what goes on these days. It's damned hard, really, to find any...pleasure in the good things when all I do is think about how much I'll miss it when it's gone.

I do still smell the roses, though. One might as well...

3 comments:

Joan of Argghh! said...

But you're in the best of company. There is that, at least!

:o)

D.W. said...

I can empathize these days. The bad news comes so fast that you can hardly catch your breath, let alone smell the roses. Things may get pretty damned ugly first, but somehow this too shall pass.

None of us are alone...

LauraB said...

"None of us are alone..."

Something that I need to be reminded of and often so thank you!