Saturday, July 11, 2009

Too Little...

...and it's too late to be publishing, yes. But I was trying to get caught up on the reading, everyone's blogs long neglected...I think tomorrow that I shall have to clear the decks and reorganize the Favorites, culling the herd, and corraling the rest.

I sometimes wonder if this is what I thought it would be - the outlet needed...comes and goes, like the muse. I always want to add the preface, "Forgive me, I suck at this, and wish I could meet the content quality of others..."

(Secretly, I blame this. And fear it.)

After all, I was once quite good at this - putting words to thought...imagining entire scenes and dialogue...and now? Mmm....well, let us just ignore the present. For the present.

I know, now, that we're farther behind than I thought in our planning and execution. Trooper gets to care for the canning routine tomorrow while I get a final lesson in sock knitting (which in my mind always sounds like "keh-nitting" because I am a freak that way). I busted my - er - fingers to get them finished enough for the lesson. Next time I know - allow enough time between classes to get the actual work DONE.

Still, it is a skill that not many have and that has a value and an end product useful to nearly everyone. It is what I was hoping to have in my "survival quiver". Today's broken arrow was the frame to a respirator mask. So many things to be cared for.

And that is my contribution. Craptacular as it was. Perhaps I just hated the silence of the blog...I certainly wanted to alert all of you that I am trying to keep up - that I miss you guys and your words - and that I hope we're all getting ready...

Now? Time to price the stock. I think it will be time to sell and invest in a more tangible asset.

5 comments:

D.W. said...

Definitely getting ready. I got out of the stock market back in January and haven't looked back. When, and if, the economy recovers I'm investing strictly in tangible assets. Real estate, lead, that sort of thing.

Right now I'm looking into taking a welding class; being able to fabricate metal components may become a very useful skill. I need to work on learning some more about carpentry as well.

Brigid said...

Your words flow and wind like all the small trickles of water coming down the side of a hill after a torrential rain. Small movements, carrying on, that as they meet and pool, join together in a rush that could quench the biggest of thirsts. Don't ever get discouraged.

LauraB said...

D.W.- welding is definitely on my list. Trooper knows but that skill has aged since high school shop class.

B - heh, you are OVER-kind. Far too...but I thank you for that. A bit like a hug with a cup of good coffee after.

Lolly said...

Nice post, Laura.

LauraB said...

Thanks Lolly!!! Nice to see you here!