Saturday, November 21, 2009

Echoes

I was reviewing some early posts and came upon this one, aged and yet spot-on - as he always has been.

From Billy, back in November of 2006...

"...What you're seeing tonight is only a rehearsal for full-blast civil war in America. Now, it breaks my heart to have to tell you this, and I don't want to see that any more than you do, but there can be no other natural course of these affairs. Sooner or later, that's what it's coming to. And I want you to remember me, Melissa: the kook who told you this back in 2006. Okay?"

Sigh...I wonder if that young Melissa remembers that night, now.


"If you have knowledge, let others light their candles at it."
~Margaret Fuller

2 comments:

Ed Rasimus said...

What sustains me is the firm conviction that our enemy does not have the courage for the battle. We do.

LauraB said...

Let it be so, my good man...