Friday, November 06, 2009

Those Wings

Well, you know me - when the time for the Valor IT fundraiser comes I am goin' all Air Force. I know, I know - we've an Army debt, too, in this house but...the wings - they speak to me.



FYI if you are sending anything abroad...
Recommended holiday mailing dates released for Afghanistan -- [Bagram Airfield - in Afghanistan]The U.S. Postal Service announced its recommended mailing dates for delivery by Christmas to U.S. military servicemembers serving overseas at APO/FPO addresses in Afghanistan.Holiday mail send via First-Class Mail and Priority Mail for servicemembers stationed in Afghanistan should be sent by Dec. 4, 2009 for arrival by Christmas, according to Postal Service officials. The deadline for Parcel Airlift Mail is Dec. 1, 2009, Space Available Mail is Nov. 21, 2009 and Parcel Post is Nov. 13, 2009. Express Mail cannot be used to mail packages to Afghanistan, however Priority Mail is available.

(Get to knittin', C!)

Otherwise, G'bless you all for all the hazards faced - home and abroad.

4 comments:

Meadowlark said...

Good video. I enjoyed my time in the Air National Guard... it's a different way of life than my Beloved Corps, but it's still a good life.

Your post brought about a bit of a challenge though ;) It's over at my house.

Peace

Ed Rasimus said...

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning. It smells like...victory!"

I still remember waking up to the smell of JP-4 from the jets on my first day in pilot training.

D.W. said...

One of my Air Force buddies is deployed to Bagram through the holidays, so this is good info. I'll need to get him some nice cigars in the mail ASAP.

LauraB said...

`lark - I daresay you DO have a battle! Might just have to toss a little extra in the AF kitty...

Ed, I'd have given nearly anything for it...still would.

D.W., I've a few things to care for and quickly, too. But I work well under deadlines. LOL Make `em great cigars, won't you?