Monday, February 08, 2010

I Was Ready, Too...

So, I was all fired up about getting my beloved 1911. But after months of waiting on the Loaded Champion I wanted from Springfield there was a deal I could not in my right mind resist.
So I didn't.
We will be editing a few things to suit me but it is, overall, superb. The trigger is set to just the right *plink* pull. (I know that is female gibberish but I bet you know what I mean.) And I have to tell you - the .45 is so much more satisfying than the 9mm ever was. That was my old beater - a craptacular Firestar - that was really just there to make me feel better.
It is amazing to move on up to a really decent gun. Easy to take down, clean and reassemble, too.
Oh, my darling! My sweet baby! Come snuggle up in my thigh rig, you beauty!
And, yes - the concealed holster option is coming. Finally found the one that Il Ling New mentioned on the Personal Defense show - permits a nice cant to better suit a woman's body. I frankly cannot wait until I can carry the dang thing all legal-like. Just some paperwork between me and that...

4 comments:

Brigid said...

Home - am I the only one who has trouble reading the white on the black? Am I getting OLD? ekkk!

I'll talk to you later on after I get the desk dug out.

Ed Rasimus said...

Looking very nice! Don't scrimp on leather. It's worth the money, particularly to be comfortable with a full-size 1911. I'd recommend Kramer, Sparks or Mitch Rosen for your shopping.

LauraB said...

Hey, Brigid! Take your time - going on vacation is sometimes hardly worth it when you see the work that awaits you. And I always thought white on black was easier in the geek world! But that may be old school, now.

Thanks, Ed, for the tips! I'll look those up! I wish I could just sport the thigh rig all day...much easier for me to pull from with a gimpy shoulder. Practice will be necessary...

Ed Rasimus said...

Kramer is quality and reasonable (if $100 is in your ball-park)

http://www.kramerleather.com/

Milt Sparks is also well respected and reasonable although he is almost always back-ordered

http://www.miltsparks.com/

I just got a Mitch Rosen USD-2 for my Kimber and it is worth every penny! He delivers in 60 to 90 days and will be happy to talk to you on the phone and help with your choice

http://www.mitchrosen.com/index.html