Sunday, February 14, 2010

A Kind of Mercy

I saw a link to this on Hotair. It was simply impossible for me to find any feeling for her other than disdain. I tried to summon up some kind of empathy, all too aware of the nights and holidays alone. But I went into this with that knowledge. As did she. Except that she was in love with the danger, not the man. I wondered about that a moment and then clicked through.

This told me what I needed to know.

"[if she had a million dollars]...I would drop frequent and regular $100 bills on...my psychiatrist; and most, most, most, important, my man Manny at Hilltop Pharmacy."

So much for mercy. Welcome to the prozac nation, making the best decisions they can, and fucking you over in the ballot booth.

2 comments:

Ed Rasimus said...

I hope she and her "lithe, blue-eyed Marxist," are very happy.

“War is an ugly thing, but it is not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to
fight, nothing he cares about more than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by better men than himself.”

John Stuart Mill
1806-1873

LauraB said...

I didn't bother to read much more but I'd be willing to bet there are marital problems - if not now, before much longer. Not that it'd be her fault, of course. Ahem.

Your quote? One of my very favorites.