Thursday, March 18, 2010

What May Be Wrought

This was an interesting article - I then read through some of the comments. To those who declared a change was a-comin' in a few years I offer this: what in the world makes you think that they will take all your freedoms and yet leave you with the freedom to choose your master?
I doubt very much that they will leave that place without a formal...armed, perhaps, eviction. He has already made clear that " [he doesn't] spend a lot of time worrying about what the procedural rules are in the House or the Senate."

I prefer to consider a life lived on its own merits - perhaps without comforts - but my own. I don't think that is the plan being offered. It looks more and more like a gentle herding toward the - heh - slaughter with a short, sharp shock at the end.

I think I'll pass.

Meanwhile, if they do manage to do this vile thing to all and sundry? Do not discriminate - it matters not at all how they would have voted. You may summarily vote them ALL out (if you are still permitted to) and teach them that taking a stand would not have cost them nearly as much. Your price will remain the same.

Addendum: I just had the strangest little vision/thought thing - Texas as West Germany with acres of people at its borders and babies being thrust over fences...goodness...

No comments: