Thursday, May 20, 2010

AZ Demands Principles of L.A.

I absolutely cackled over this bit of provocation.

"Noting that a quarter of Los Angeles' electricity comes from Arizona power plants, Pierce threatened to pull the plug if the City Council does not reconsider. [...] If an economic boycott is truly what you desire, I will be happy to encourage Arizona utilities to renegotiate your power agreements so Los Angeles no longer receives any power from Arizona-based generation."

Tip o' the hard hat to the Flea.

2 comments:

D.W. said...

I would have simply cut them off for a few weeks until they begged for mercy and acknowledged that their "boycott" was a stupid idea.

But then again, I'm not very sympathetic to anyone who puts foreign interests above Americans...

LauraB said...

I smiled at that - "what happened?!" Consequences, you fools.