Many of Michael’s supporters have contacted us for additional ways to help. This [motorcycle]rally will aid Michael and the other Leavenworth 10 in creating awareness for those who have not heard their stories.
We envision this Rally to begin in at least the following 12 states; Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas, Colorado, Minnesota, Kansas, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Arkansas, and Tennessee, and culminate in Ft. Leavenworth, Kansas. Due to the significance of 9/11 to these soldiers call to duty, we are considering holding the event the weekend before, on Labor Day 9/4/2010. Before we finalize our plans, we would like to know if you would assist in the following areas:
- Help put together the event in Leavenworth
- Help coordinate a state leg of this journey to Leavenworth
- Design and maintenance of a web site
- Help sponsor the event (not necessary to attend)
- Graphic Design (t-shirts, signs, flyers)
- Most importantly - make the ride to Leavenworth (motorcycles and vehicles would be welcome)
It's a damned strange thing to be in prison for doing your duty. And there is a reason you hear so very little about it in any media. But if there's anything you can do - even from a distance - I know it'd mean the world to them. And to me.