Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Novel Gift Ideas and The Peterman Sale

I tend to shop online and from catalogues because I cannot bear to enter a mall. I've always got a lot of interesting options and thought I'd pitch these today.

This place is a haven of girly stuff. Yes, it's mostly frou-frou. But some of it is quite darling and not found elsewhere. And their wrapping? It is overdone - gorgeous. They have a calligrapher on staff to write your tender greeting. If you need to have a gift sent, this place will do it and very well, indeed. Some ideas? Do you know someone who does beadwork? This contains them nicely! A fine chef? Get the perfect apron. Kids? How about these blackboard placemats? They can draw while you dine in relative peace.

J. Peterman - who hasn't loved the mockery on Seinfeld? The clothes are actually quite nice. And, today only, there is a terrific sale on outerwear. Yes, including the original item that made him famous - that long ranch coat - the Duster. When I was a lass, there was a young man in a western bar who strode in wearing that thing. I dropped a note by his glass on my way out indicating my appreciation. Most females would love a frock coat - romantic, yes but practical in a nice cotton corduroy.

Perhaps these will help knock a few gifts off your list!

4 comments:

Ed Rasimus said...

Didn't you know in those days that anyone who would wear a Peterman duster in a cowboy bar wasn't interested in women?

LauraB said...

Damn it, Ed! Ruining a fond memory from my first days in Texas! Now, look - he was a bona fide cowboy.
Grumble...spit...

Ed Rasimus said...

Sheep herder most likely...

Joan of Argghh! said...

Ya'll crack me up!

The J.R. swears that the only non-gay in Hollywood is Ernest Borgnine.

Spoil sport.