Monday, August 29, 2011

SOP Will Now Be SBD?!

Fair warning: angry language below.

So one looks at a photo like this of older days when men knew war was hell and it was practiced as it always has been.

I am pleased that Trooper need not deal with the nonsense that goes on now. I cannot fathom having to find words to soothe his irritation at an order to withhold his wind.


"...audible farting has been banned for some Marines downrange because it offends the Afghans."

Seriously - what the fuck are we still doing bleeding into their Godforsaken sands? And fuck that We shit, anyway. I'm not suffering a bit. I am no isolationist but...fight it like men (and women - you better fight like men, too) or come the hell home.

All this pussification of war has me fed up. It is supposed to offend the opponent! It is supposed to be so damned offensive that he gives up and walks away!

One can only reflect on the difference in the sentiment above and the lack of sentiment in this.
(Though, I thought I saw a Tactical Noogie at 1:38m.) Real men, real wounds, real blood. You know, all those things the boys of today are being deprived of...



What in the hell is this world coming to?

2 comments:

Yabu (EOTIS) said...

I certainly don't know what the world is coming to, but I do know if we don't get our ducks lined up, I know where it's going.

LauraB said...

Ducks are being gathered by many people. It will be the best we can do...