Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Quiet Time

Trooper is away for a few days so I've taken advantage of the time to move the furniture around a bit and clean what hasn't been accessible. We bought a few things recently - a sofa upgrade (which the dogs do not appreciate) - so it was time to make a few adjustments.

It is strange to have the house to myself, knowing he won't be home tonight, that the guard duty will be all my own. I am out of the habit. And glad to have two furry underlings to aid in the task. Of course, it also means I have all the dogcare to do. Poor Kota was just wilting in the sun, her black fur baking so that she ran to the shade of the tree covered ditch and started digging a hole to lie in.

I have ordered this jacket for her (REI had it on sale) and hope it will permit her a bit more time outside in the summer. I am not a fan of walking at night which is the only time the heat breaks. Too, the light color might also reflect some of that heat for her. I had considered a reflective fly sheet for miniature ponies - and if that jacket won't fit, I may well get one just to see if it helps.

The morning will find us up early, I think, and taking a quick hike through the neighborhood to avoid the school buses and to give me some peace for work after...and maybe even a quick try of Trooper's newest acquisition. Supposedly 15 minutes alone will whip a person into shape. I'm game!

But right now...I'm just wishing he'd be coming through the door, cooler in hand, and tired feet. Reckon the dogs feel the same way...

No comments: