Sunday, July 01, 2012

Training Time: CMMG .22 Upper

We spent much of Saturday at the range, shooting nearly everything we had. But the important task at hand was zeroing in the CMMG upper. Acquired to aid in training, I had to admit it was FUN to shoot and everyone there really enjoyed it. Hell, it put a grin on the face of all the fancy pants operator types.

A brief look at it here...

CMMG 22 Upper Demo from LauraB on Vimeo.


I can't tell you how much fun it was to shoot THIS, loaned briefly...I've shot full auto twice before but only briefly. I think this was my absolute favorite. The MP5 just goes with such ease and without the climbing found in other rounds. I hit the small target with relative ease the first go, surprising myself.

And now...a pleasurable diversion during gun cleaning with Buckaroo Banzai. "Laugh-a while you can, monkey-boy." (You really have to just let go and enjoy the movie - it is NOT serious cinema.)

Sadly, the rest of the weekend plans were ended with a family member's ER visit for a broken foot. Ah, well - there was laundry to be washed and soup to be made, anyway.

3 comments:

Momma Fargo said...

How fun on the range shooting. Poo on the broken foot.

LauraB said...

Thankee! We love just getting out and shooting - even in the miserable summer heat.

Commander_Zero said...

I've got the CMMG conversion kit for my AR and it is the best one I've come across. Dunno where youre getting your spare mags but Black Dog Machine makes some excellent mags as well as a drum for the conversions. I find the .22 conversions to be perfect for practicing fast sight acquisitions and that sort of thing, A great investment.