Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Craftsmanship For Kindness

I saw awhile back a fundraiser for "Squeaky" and thought I'd jump in. After all, I didn't have much to lose - it was just a few bucks. And I won something!! And that something was a wee shield - decorative or for someone small to play with - and it could be customized per the artisan. Why, yes! Thank you!


And that was what arrived. Can I tell you how magical and wonderful and amazing it is?! We are big fans of such handwork so we know what it took to make that happen and I could not be happier.

It will make a lovely gift for our good friends for whom it is a kind of family emblem. (Read these with your kids to get the gist...)

What an amazing win/win...I am floored by how amazing the blog community it, sometimes...thank you, Sir, for such a wonderful piece of art!!

5 comments:

Commander_Zero said...

Needs something in the pic to show relative size. Like the oak leaf, though. I've always thought oak leaf engraving was the most attractive engraving on any gun.

LauraB said...

Ah, true - it is about two hands across, fingers spread...

The leaf motif has always been a favorite of mine, also. I haven't seen a lot of engraved weapons outside of the dream room at Cabelas, though...

Commander_Zero said...

Hmmm...I'll have to see if I have a spare copy of "Steel Canvas" laying around that I can send you.

Jay Ater said...

Artisan is kinda pushing it a bit, more like an idiot with an over-active imagination and a hammer.

Glad you liked it and I hope the folks your handing it off to will like it as much!

IIRC its about 12" tall

LauraB said...

Jay, it is wonderful! And yes - about 12".